We are ready for some warmer weather here in Colorado. May brought us 2 snow storms and a lot of broken tree branches. We hope the spring was warmer (and fruitful) for you.
As we roll into summer, we have a lot of great new releases about to come out. Starting with this one, just released today (Tuesday). In this release, we have the following upgrade:
Handbid's New Features Update
Handbid Guest List Improvements
Throughout the summer we witnessed huge adoption of the guest list for event registration and check-in. Moreover, our teams were a part of several of those events. With their feedback, we developed the following improvements:
Assume you have a party of 6 arrive and you want to check them all in. However, only 2 of them plan to bid. Now Handbid lets you identify who will be a bidder. The other 4 will be automatically checked in, and you now only have to register the two bidders.
Guest List Admin Tools
Forget to add a credit card on a guest at check in? Need to resend a guest their login link? Now you can easily do that from the guest list from a menu of new options (see below)
Buyers/Donors can cover fees
Now you can prompt your users to cover credit card fees. When a silent auction user goes to pay their bill, Handbid will allow them to opt in (or opt-out) of covering the fees.
We plan to roll this out in a limited release over June. If you are interested in this feature, please reach out to your Handbid account representative and we will turn it on for you.
Additional fixes and upgrades
We also fixed or added the following in this release:
- Managers can now allow online donors to pledge. Normally when a user donates online via Handbid, their credit card transaction is processed immediately. If you enable this feature, a user can "donate” as a pledge and not have their card processed immediately. They can then pay later or they can pay offline (cash or check).
- Auction Sponsor sort. Now you can set a "sort order” for your web sponsors. We count from lowest to highest, so once you load all of the sponsors, you can move them around simply by changing their sort values.
- We now lock the guest list tool bar at the top of the screen so when scrolling down, you don't have to go all the way back up to click on any of the toolbar buttons.
- Some of the required columns in the Fundly CRM export were missing. We add those back in!
- $0 items were no longer showing up on invoices. They are now!
- While we were out finding missing things...we noticed the web sponsors were not showing up on the Handbid TV ticker. We fixed that too!
- The invite system was not importing a user's country correctly for certain countries. So.. why does that matter? Because we use their country identifier to set their country code on their phone number. All fixed.
We left out a lot of the smaller (less interesting) updates but hope you find these upgrades to be helpful. As always, if you have any questions for us, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Handbid Product Team - Handbid is fully automated mobile silent auction software specifically designed to increase revenue, drive bid activity, and maximize ROI for non-profits.