Handbid Professional Services
The Customer may choose to select the following Add-On Services from Handbid specific to any Auction Event (“Event”). If the Customer has purchased these services, prices will be indicated on the Order Form in Section 6 of the applicable ASA and the following terms will then apply. In addition to the terms and conditions set forth the ASA, hereby agrees to the Terms set forth herein. A particular ASA may contain terms in addition to those contained in this Exhibit A, provided that the terms do not conflict with the provisions listed below. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Exhibit A and the ASA, the terms of the ASA will control.
1. ON-SITE STAFF (OPTIONAL ADD-ON SERVICE)
The Customer is responsible sufficiently staffing your event with staff or volunteers for running registration, bidding support and checkout. Handbid will advise the Customer on the recommended number of staff members that the Customer will need to provide based on the event’s size and configuration. It is the Customer’s option to either meet those staffing requirements with their own staff or volunteers or meet the ENTIRE staff obligation with Handbid staff. If the Customer elects to hire Handbid staff (“Handbid On-Site Staff”), they can assist with the following:
- Handbid On-Site Staff will be capable of handling check-in and registration.
- Handbid On-Site Staff can remotely and during business hours (Colorado time) provide very basic technical support for the Handbid software (higher level technical support would require use of a Handbid Auction Expert [is this the “Expert”?]).
- Handbid On-Site Staff can assist guests with Handbid setup and bidding
- Handbid On-Site Staff can operate Handbid software and equipment
- Handbid On-Site Staff can assist with checkout (collecting items, checking out bidders using the Handbid system).
Please note that:
- If Customer elects to supplement Handbid On-Site Staff with its own volunteers, then Customer is responsible for ensuring that the volunteers are properly equipped and prepared to conduct their duties. Handbid Onsite Staff can train volunteers on how to use the Handbid software, but it is not practical (or feasible) for Handbid On-Site Staff to train volunteers on basic computer tasks and use. An addition, volunteers should be familiar and competent with any equipment they are being asked to operate (e.g. laptops, iPads). It is not the Handbid OnSite Staff’s responsibility to troubleshoot problems with the Customer or volunteer’s equipment that is not directly related to the Handbid software or services.
- Travel fees do not apply provided the On-Site Staff has to travel less than 100 miles (round trip) to and from the Event’s location.
- OnSite staff are not responsible for making sure that the Customer’s auction is properly setup. They can answer questions when asked or advise on best practices, but the Customer (you) are responsible for verifying that all data in Handbid is accurate, that all items that should be up for bid are entered and visible and available for bidding or purchase, and that any items on display at an event are also visible in Handbid.
- Handbid On-Site Staff will arrive 90 minutes prior to the start of general checkin (defined as when most guests are due to arrive) and will stay up to 60 minutes after the end of the paddle-raise (“appeal”), live auction, or close of the silent auction. Whichever happens last.
2. HANDBID AUCTION EXPERT (OPTIONAL ADD-ON SERVICE)
If the Customer purchases an On-Site Auction Expert (which will be indicated in Section 6 of the applicable ASA), the following terms apply:
- A Handbid On-Site Auction Expert (“Expert”) will be able to assist the Customer in organize and operating an Auction using Handbid’s system
- If agreed upon by Customer, the Expert will review Customer’s processes for registration, bidding, and checkout and advise Customer and their volunteers/staff on how to best organize these auction elements based on the Handbid system.
- Experts can troubleshoot and address issues related to Customer and their guest’s use of Handbid software (helping to install apps, troubleshoot bidding issues, etc.)
- Experts can serve as an escalation point for Customer’s staff and volunteers for any elements related to use of the Handbid system at an Auction.
- Experts can advise on auction area configuration and setup. Customer needs consulting or support related to writing item descriptions and setting starting bid prices and increments, then Handbid can offer Auction consulting (see next section).
- Experts can train and support all staff and volunteers supplied by Customer. Customer is still responsible for making sure their staff and volunteers are properly equipped, show up on time, and perform their duties for their entire shift.
- Auction Experts are onsite to manage and guide but not to run the entire event by themselves. Customer is responsible for supplying the minimum number of staff and equipment specified by Handbid for the event.
- Handbid On-Site Auction Expert will arrive 90 minutes prior to the start of general checkin (defined as when most guests are due to arrive) and will stay up to 60 minutes after the end of the paddle-raise (“appeal”), live auction, or close of the silent auction. Whichever happens last
- Travel fees do not apply provided the Expert has to travel less than 100 miles (round trip) to and from the Event’s location.
- Handbid Auction Experts can manage your event, but they are not responsible for making sure that your auction is properly setup. They can answer questions when asked or advise on best practices, but the Customer (you) are responsible for verifying that all data in Handbid is accurate, that all items that should be up for bid are entered and visible and available for bidding or purchase; and, Customer is responsible for making sure any items on display at an event are also visible in Handbid.
3. PERSONAL AUCTION SETUP & TRAINING
- Handbid will provide a training session (online) for the Customer and their staff. Training can be up to 2 hours and may be recorded upon request.
- Handbid will provide an auction import template in a spreadsheet format. Customer can complete this spreadsheet and return to Handbid. Handbid will validate that the required data is in the spreadsheet and that the format is correct. Handbid will then import a valid spreadsheet into the Customer’s auction. Handbid reserves the right to reject any spreadsheet if the format or data is invalid or missing. Handbid will do a single import of items as part of this service. Handbid will make best efforts to complete the import as quickly as possible, but the Customer agrees to give Handbid up to 2 business days to complete the import of their data. Customer has the option to include image URLs to upload but Handbid cannot guarantee that they will upload properly. Customer will be responsible for adding any auction photos not successfully imported, and properly formatting them.
- Handbid can, upon request of Customer, share best practices and advice on appropriate starting bids, bid increments, categories and other item configuration. Customer is responsible for final Approval of any Item Name, Item Description, Starting Bid or Buy It Now Prices, Increments, Terms (Fine Print) Or Other Settings On Items recommended by Handbid. Under NO circumstances shall Handbid or Handbid’s Managers be held liable for any real or perceived loss in revenue attributed to Handbid’s recommendations.
4. PERSONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
If the Customer purchases an Personal Account Manager the following terms apply:
- The Personal Account Manager can provide dedicated direct support to the Customer. Customer will be given direct contact information for their Personal Account Manager and can contact them directly.
- Business Hours (6AM – 6PM MT Monday through Friday) still apply as it relates to response times from the Handbid Personal Account Manager (except during the evening of an Auction event).
- Personal Account Managers can help with item imports, photo format problems, auction setup, troubleshooting and auction reconciliation.
5. AUCTION & EVENT MANAGEMENT
Customer is responsible for setup and execution of any Auctions run on the Handbid platform. However, if you prefer to have someone help organize the auction for you, Handbid offers an Auction Manager service as an extension of the Setup and Training listed in Section 3. The price of the Auction Manager varies based on the scope and size of the customer’s auction and needs (e.g. directly releated to the number of items, meetings, and services the Manager will conduct on behalf of Customer). Handbid will provide a fixed-price quote for the Auction Manager service which will be included in Section 6 of the applicable ASA. The Auction Manager service includes:
- A Handbid Auction Manager (“Manager”) who will assist in organizing auction items retrieved by Customer into a spreadsheet for easy management and import into Handbid.
- Manager will assist in writing item names, descriptions, and help set starting bid price, bid increments, buy-it-now prices based on Fair Market Value established by Customer.
- Customer is responsible for final Approval of any Item Name, Item Description, Starting Bid or Buy It Now Prices, Increments, Terms (Fine Print) or other settings on items recommended by Handbid. Under NO circumstances shall Handbid or Handbid’s Managers be held liable for any real or perceived loss in revenue attributed to Handbid’s recommendations.
- Manager will coordinate a venue evaluation and a venue walkthrough with your team to identify how to best organize auction area, registration and checkout and to help assess the suitability of the Internet connectivity at the Event. CUSTOMER REMAINS ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE INTERNET CONNECTION AT THE EVENT VENUE.
- Manager will recommend to Customer how Handbid’s On-Site Staff will be best used at the Event (if these On-Site staff are hired by Customer (see Section 5.5)
- Manager will work with and train Customer’s auction committee and volunteer staff on the Handbid system and its use at the Event.
- Manager will attend a planning meeting prior to the Event either in person or remotely.
- Manager will be able to evaluate auction performance during the Event and upon prior approval adjust starting bid prices and bid increments to help increase overall Auction revenue.
- Manager will manage any other Handbid On-Site staff hired by Customer (see Section 4.3)
- Manager will conduct a post-auction recap and provide a report on auction performance.
6. iPAD RENTALS
If the Customer elects to rent iPads from Handbid, the price for rental will be listed in Section 6 of the applicable ASA and the following terms will apply:
- Handbid can rent iPads to the Customer that may be used to run the Handbid software.
- Customer shall be asked to sign a Handbid Rental Agreement which will be separate from the applicable ASA.