While we hope you were able to relax over the holidays, it was a busy one for us. We put the final polish on our next software release that has a few new features as well as a number of performance improvements and bug fixes.
Handbid's New Features Update
New Ticket Purchase Flow on Events
This release introduces a new ticket purchase flow on our events site. We think this flow will be much easier for users as well as allowing past users to more-easily reconnect with an old Handbid account.
Anyone purchasing tickets will see the new flow which takes the user through a step-by-step wizard to complete their purchase.
- For our white-label customers, now all events will show up both on Handbid as well as the white-label apps and sites
- We have improved how Donations are tracked inside of Handbid. This will allow us more flexibility on how we show them on receipts as well as for integration with CRM platforms
- We are now enabling the “Process CC through Handbid” by default. This will now by default enable CC processing. Managers will still need to make sure they have a connected Merchant account.
- We have decided to join the fast growing number of online services and officially drop support for IE 11. Sure, you are wondering, how can this be an improvement? Well, IE 11 is a very old browser and only represents about 3% of the market; however, it requires a tremendous amount of development time to support it. Dropping support allows us to focus our developers time on new features instead. Also, since much better alternatives exist for Windows 7 users (including Microsoft’s replacement Edge), we do not feel we are leaving IE 11 users out in the cold.
- The Invite List importer would add a contact multiple times if the manager imported the same list over and over again. We now “de-dupe” this list so this won’t happen.
- The Invite tool was using the wrong country code on a user’s account. This is now fixed. We also now set US as the country code by default if managers leave it out.
- Existing users who are checked in on the iPad app will now (by default) get a login link.
- We continue to optimize elements of the platform as the system grows. These types of improvements are ongoing. Think of them like mowing your lawn or cutting your hair. As things get “long and harry”, they need a clean-up / trim. Software is no different. In this release, we put in improvements to several elements including the MyTickets view, registration of new users, pulling invoices/receipts. We have a list of others that we will tackle in future releases. If you know of any area you would like to see sped up, please let us know.